Hi,

I am designing a custom cape for a BeagleBone running with debian 9.4. The
cape has to be connected at the system start, since it is the power supply
for my BB. The cape has a LCD on it which is of course conncted to the
LCD_data pins. Unfortunately I am running into issues while booting since
the LCD_data pins are shared with the SYSBOOT configuration pins.

I am thinking of two ways to solve my problem:

*1st **Tell the bootloader to use a fixed configuration and ignore the
SYSBOOT pins*
As far as I see these pins address the TI ROM bootloader, is that right?
This might be a problem...

*2nd **Use different pins for the LCD_data lines.*
Is there any way to use different pins than the by default allocated ones
(P8_31 to P8_46). Simple pinmuxing by an DTO won´t work as far as i see.Is
this possible with building my own kernel?

Does anyone have done something like this before and have some hints?
How is this issue solved by other LCD Capes for the BeagleBone?

Thanks a lot

Max

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/505d301f-68bc-463c-b665-31809192310f%40googlegroups.com.