On Sun, Jan 6, 2019 at 5:08 PM <rosehulmanunivers...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working on the PocketBeagle platform and using the USB breakout pins to
> interface with devices. I had successful communication with USB devices with
> the debian image for the PocketBeagle. I tried running the Ubuntu image and
> ran into a problem with the device tree configuration.
>
> I tried to change the uEnv.txt by adding this line:
> dtb=am335x-pocketbeagle.dtb
>
> However, it resulted in the same error.
>
> When I see the following error, I feel like the current configuration isn't
> setting the USB as ground (host).
>  VBUS_ERROR in a_wait_vrise (80, <SessEnd), retry #3, port1 0008010c
>

> Is there a way to specify the correct configuration or modify the
> configuration for USB outputs?

to date, we don't have a PocketBeagle overlay for usb configuration of
the second port..

Patches welcome ;)

PS, sometimes this issue just bad wiring, double check your
connections and make sure you have real 5v of power.

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYh-fDRadrrBTreOykjBYtb2Cn%2BQJyW_HR48VkVi-QRiGQ%40mail.gmail.com.