Hello all, I’m trying to enable the eMMC pins (P3-P6 and P21-25 on the P8
header) as GPIO's on my BeagleBoneBlack rev C with no success. My current
system runs through the micro SD card as I have disabled the corresponding
eMMC line on uEnv.txt for the use of the pins.

I have tried loading the cape overlay of Derek Molly Device Tree
<https://github.com/derekmolloy/boneDeviceTree/blob/master/overlay/DM-GPIO-Test.dts>and

cape-univ-emmc
<https://github.com/beagleboard/bb.org-overlays/blob/master/src/arm/cape-univ-emmc-00A0.dts>

to "/sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/slots" ($SLOTS) with still no
success. Whilst I can compile and load the cape overlay on my device tree,
when I toggle the value of the GPIO pin through "sys/class/gpio/gpioXX" the
eMMc pin's voltage does not change.

Whilst previously I did get the desired result (through Enabling all the
gpio pins
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47635808/enable-all-gpio-pins-on-beaglebone-including-the-emmc-pins>)

it was at the cost of disabling the HDMI, which in my scenario I can't
afford. Can anyone please give me clues/suggestions on how I could over my
issue?

System info:

My system is running on the " Debian 9.1 2017-08-31 4GB SD LXQT
<http://debian.beagleboard.org/images/bone-debian-9.1-lxqt-armhf-2017-08-31-4gb.img.xz>"

image acquired from BBB_Image <https://beagleboard.org/latest-images>

My kernel version is: 4.9.45-ti-r57

Kind regards,