Matt:

Although I have never done what you are asking about, I note that there is
an available USBTMC driver for Pythonf.
Python is a reasonable choice for test equipment control and scripting.
You might want to Google "Python USBTMC."

Both Python 2 and Python 3 are readily available for the BBB.

--- Graham

==

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/47706941-f0ac-43f4-8f93-aef2538fdfd6%40googlegroups.com.