We found this document:
http://www.ofitselfso.com/BeagleNotes/UsingDeviceTreesToConfigurePRUIOPins.php

And it says "The number of possible inputs and outputs per PRU is fixed and
each has 16 possible inputs and 15 possible outputs. Those are just the
theoretical numbers - many inputs and outputs are not routed out to the P8
or P9 headers on the Beaglebone Black and the actual number of usable
inputs and outputs is quite a bit lower."

So which BB is capable of most usable number of PRU channels? For our
project we need 30 realtime inputs at 5MHz.

More questions will probably follow ;-)

Thanks!
Dom

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/e424d8d9-6e02-4cb6-8cde-1d52183586bb%40googlegroups.com.