I think the answers to 1, 2, and 3 have all been asked and answered before
on this email reflector.
A little bit of searching for appropriate keywords  will get you the
answers to those.

For number 4, you are confusing survival (non-operating) with operating
conditions.
Read the footnotes to the "Absolute Maximum Ratings" chart. they are
important.

If you go outside of the "Recommended Operating Conditions" chart supply
voltages of 4.3 to 5.8 Volts, the TPS65217C goes into an emergency shutdown
to protect itself and the CPU.
So if you want to run from 10 to 15 Volts power, you will need an external
buck-converter or other step down power supply ahead of the TPS65217 to
feed it 5 Volts.

--- Graham

==

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/d8a017f0-dc5b-4337-a129-ae420412fe78%40googlegroups.com.