Hi Justin,

I think the RDP issue with the keyboard layout you are having is a tightVNC
issue.  Does the information in the following link describe what you are
experiencing?  Do you absolutely need a graphical session to the beaglebone?
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/346107/keyboard-mapping-wrong-only-in-specific-applications-under-tightvnc
https://www.reddit.com/r/BeagleBone/comments/a9122q/incorrect_keyboard_mapping_with_tightvnc/
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/beagleboard/YCiECD0fiII

Regarding wifi and bluetooth, you would need to manually set up the
networks using "connmanctl" which is already installed, or uninstall
"connmanctl" and opt for using the network-manager package which has a nice
cursors interface GUI for setting up ethernet or wifi networks.  If you
install network-manager, run "nmtui" for the network manager text user
interface which is very nice.
https://www.digikey.com/en/maker/blogs/2017/how-to-setup-wifi-on-the-beaglebone-black-wireless
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/networking_guide/sec-configuring_ip_networking_with_nmtui

For creating users, all Linux distributions will be very similar and you
can find lots of tutorials online such as this one:
https://linuxize.com/post/how-to-add-and-delete-users-on-debian-9/