I've written some application notes (available at
https://github.com/pmunts/muntsos/tree/master/doc) that I always thought should
become chapters in a book about embedded systems development using Linux.  Two
of them are directly applicable to the BeagleBone and kin and most of the
others are indirectly applicable.  I'd appreciate it if you would read through
them and tell me how well (if at all) they would satisfy your search for
information.

Phil