I did some further investigations.

It's not a problem of the examples, I guess. If I directly address the PRUs
via the linux system with

echo 'start' > /sys/class/remoteproc/remoteprocX/state

I get a write error: Invalid argument.
My COM connections says

remoteproc remoteprocX: Boot failed: -22

for such an event.

This occurs for all PRU cores except remoteproc1 (PRU1_1). If I start this
one, the mentioned blink example starts.

I checked the present firmware and uevent entrys for every single core and
they seem to be fine.

Has anyone a clue what may block the PRUs right from a restart?

Thanks
Stephan