Hi,

I recently purchased a beaglebone blue and tried it with pre-installed
image and the latest debian image from beagleboard.org. Everything is ok
and the wifi works perfectly.

Now, I want to build my own custom image with buildroot. I have some
experience with buildroot and raspberry pi. I managed to have a bootable
image with linux console on uart. The problem is that when I try to
activate wlan0 (ip link set wlan0 up), the  board hangs. I cannot connect
to ssh anymore (USB connection), I cannot access it via the uart linux
console (no more log from kernel), the heartbeat LED stops blinking, the
only thing i can do is ping the board (through USB).

What I have tried so far,

Use different firmware (/lib/firmware/ti-connectivity) from:
* Buildroot linux-firmware package
* Beaglebone Black wireless firmware (on github)
* Pre installed firmware from the official Debian image

Use different device-tree
* am35x-boneblue.dts built with the linux kernel by buildroot
* the devicetree provided in the official Debian image

Use different libc
* µclibc
* glibc

At this point I end up every time with the symptoms described before. Could
anyone help to investigate further?

Thank you,

Thomas