shabaz,

To be honest during my working carrier I only used 'C', Basic, Fortran,
Cobol and bash.

At this point in my life I don't really want to learn something new like
Perl or Python unless
I have to.  My eyes are not what they used to be. Also, if you write in
pure 'C' isn't it more
portable without the need for libraries which some day may not be there.
Perhaps some
day I will try and learn Python.

Hardware I worked on was DEC PDP-11/70's, Tandem Non-Stop, Motorola Unix on
Mc68010 machines, HP 9000 servers and various versions of Linux, Ubuntu,
Debian,
Linux Mint LMDE4 and Linux Light..

I have gotten to the point of making portable scripts to install all the
required software
on my Linux platforms which I run under Oracle VirtualBox. They install the
usual
applications, development tools and local code. They are written in bash.

My memory is "swelled" with all this stuff.

Ken