On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 6:41 PM Robert Cachro <robert.cac...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are upgrading our product from the BeagleBone Black to BeagleBone Black
> Wireless and have had a really tough with automating a connection using
> connmanctl. In our current product's commissioning process, a customer logs
> into their BB via either USB or AP mode (which is hosting a wifi
> configuration page) and is able to enter their Wi-Fi SSID/password which is
> then passed onto a script to establish a connection with their network. The
> original implementation simply modified the /etc/network/interfaces file and
> with ifup/ifdown established a connection with their wireless network.
> However, we have had zero luck automating this connection using connmanctl as
> it launches an interactive shell which makes it impossible for scripts to
> enter user passwords. Any thoughts??
>
> Started investigating /var/lib/connman/settings today but was hoping someone
> had success with this. Would hate to revert to our old method by uninstalling
> connmanctl.. Thanks.

You don't need to use the connman interactive shell, all connections
are stored under:

/var/lib/connman/

debian@bbgw-pwr15-ser23:~$ sudo cat
/var/lib/connman/wifi_209148c9516a_584131302d576946692d5831_managed_psk/settings
[wifi_209148c9516a_584131302d576946692d5831_managed_psk]
Name=XA10-WiFi-X1
SSID=584131302d576946692d5831
Frequency=2412
Favorite=true
AutoConnect=true
Modified=2020-04-16T19:16:41.218495Z
Passphrase=******
IPv4.method=dhcp
IPv4.DHCP.LastAddress=192.168.1.155
IPv6.method=auto
IPv6.privacy=disabled

2nd, you don't "have" to use connman, we just use it by default it as
it works pretty decent for out of box..

sudo apt remove connman --purge

Then go back to /etc/network/interfaces...

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/