I'm not sure what's going on with g_multi for you there. But I will say
this. There are other, probably better suited options for moving files over
to the device.

I've used g_multi in the past and have always found it problematic for this
platform. So personally, I dedicated a cheap netbook to operate as a server
for the beaglebone(black), and just used NFS shares, and Samba for my dev
workstation.

Another option would be to use ssh file transfers, after running a ssh
server on the beaglebone.

It really depends on what you're trying to do, and your dev system.