Jim,

Thanks for the great reply.  I will change my setup so that both boards are
power from the same power supply.

Graham

From: beagleboard@googlegroups.com [mailto:beagleboard@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Jim F
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2020 6:25 AM
To: beagleboard@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [beagleboard] PocketBeagle 5 volt and 3.3 volts output pins issue.

What you are describing is typical behavior for electronics and is something
you need to pay attention to. According to the OSD3358 vendor, if power is not
applied to the chip, voltage should not be applied to any of its pins. You
should either design a circuit to prevent this, or design your system to ensure
that if one board has power, both do.

Jim

On Mon, May 25, 2020, 1:08 AM Graham Stott <gbcsto...@comcast.net