Here's some cleanly written code which gives the high level overview of what is
required to do most of what you need to do but not everything
If you  answer my question in previous reply I can try and guide you.
https://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47908#160482

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 7:45 PM, 'Mark Lazarewicz' via
BeagleBoard<beagleboard@googlegroups.com> wrote:   Hello
Referencing   the TRM not the datasheet with a working example is your best
chance for success. The TRM is a phone book sizeif  printed it's  supplied in a
odf. The datasheet is for hardware board designers.
Even if the TRM has steps to follow As in pseudo code to initialize a subsystem
you  need code to do things in logical order for multiple  sub system's and a
minimal setup code environment to load and run and debug using CCS and JTAG
some can be done within the gel script for a barebones  system,
That's why you leverage the starterware examples.

1)Have you looked over the TI starterware examples for an I2C example?2) Have
you anything that compiles in CCS and loads and  runs using JTAG on your
board?3) which board are you using?
Once you  have a working  example lookup all register writes and read that
section of TRM to port to appropriate onchip peripheral.
Without #2 things there's no point in expecting anything to work properly as in
delivering a working example to meet  the requirements  you were given

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 6:27 PM, marcbo...@gmail.com<marcbo...@gmail.com>
wrote:   Thank you for the comments, yeah I am just taking my time trying to
get familiar with the datasheet because it is a lot to take into
consideration.That is the version datasheet I have been looking at for the
Sitarra and will continue to study it a bit and look into the clock enables.