Hello,

I am trying to run NTP server on my PocketBeagle with GPS and PPS time
source. To establish that I am following your notes.

However when I try to run gpsd it is giving me output like this:

:$ gpsd -D 5 -n -N /dev/ttyO4 /dev/pps0
gpsd:INFO: launching (Version 3.17)
gpsd:IO: opening IPv4 socket
gpsd:ERROR: can't bind to IPv4 port gpsd, Address already in use
gpsd:ERROR: maybe gpsd is already running!
gpsd:IO: opening IPv6 socket
gpsd:ERROR: can't bind to IPv6 port gpsd, Address already in use
gpsd:ERROR: maybe gpsd is already running!
gpsd:INFO: command sockets creation failed, netlib errors -1, -1

Deep-dive into systemctl shows:

systemctl status gpsd.service
● gpsd.service - GPS (Global Positioning System) Daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/gpsd.service; disabled; vendor
preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: timeout) since Tue 2021-03-09 18:48:39 UTC;
28min ago

Mar 09 18:47:09 beaglebone systemd[1]: Starting GPS (Global Positioning
System) Daemon...
Mar 09 18:47:31 beaglebone systemd[1]: gpsd.service: Current command
vanished from the unit file, execution of the command list won't be resumed.
Mar 09 18:48:39 beaglebone systemd[1]: gpsd.service: Start operation timed
out. Terminating.
Mar 09 18:48:39 beaglebone systemd[1]: gpsd.service: Failed with result
'timeout'.
Mar 09 18:48:39 beaglebone systemd[1]: Failed to start GPS (Global
Positioning System) Daemon.

Running cgps is giving normal output but when I start chrony it is updating
only PPS.

Could you please help me with that?

środa, 17 października 2018 o 13:50:47 UTC+2 engrmas...@gmail.com