Clock cycle's good subject. Seems some thinks everything PRU does  is one clock
cycle ( 5ns) perhaps assembler instructions are. Also confusion about actual
speed of control loops.A 100ns control loop runs every 100ns and does input,
decisions and output that fast. Lastly the PRU has small codes size and any
fast control loop running on ARM must get the data from PRU quickly. I know you
understand these concept.
My solution to the original question Walter posted  is now working.I used bare
metal on arm in system mode. CCS and JTAG to debug the ARM samples ADC. Input
to ARM control loop comes from GUI on PC. No delays took about 8 hour's coding.
No IPC.
Your project sound's interesting I will be watching for an ARM to PRU ADC
examples using libruio and current Linux provided by this group. Just
downloaded and go 👍

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 2:26 AM, TJF<jeli.freih...@gmail.com> wrote:   For
all who want to learn:

Walter is formating a human readable number in the PRUSS code (function ltoa).

How much PRU cycles does a four digit number need? And how much are necessary
for a one digit number?

Note: The PRUSS are fine for realtime solutions (if your code allows that).

@Walter
Welcome to rproc/rpmsg - you completely lost track.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/11b35216-030c-42c5-8ec2-5a1a1c41d40dn%40googlegroups.com.