Very helpful post Bruce thanks. I am just a PRU observer. The resource file is
discussed in some TI documents it's a way to let Linux understand what
resources the PRU will need is what I understood.

I'm guessing the SDK examples I played with had this all set up.
My guess this file will be important if you use any DDR to store you're samples.
Great to know you are on the  path to success!!!!
Mark

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 12:00 PM, Bruce Chidester<brucechides...@gmail.com>
wrote:   I am in the middle of struggling while introducing myself to the PRU.
I want to contribute to the world to help some other struggling individual and
this seems like the right place to post a solution.
I am using Beaglebone Black Rec C. Running the
uboot_overlay_pru=AM335X-PRU-RPROC-4-19-TI-00A0.dtbo defined in /boot/uEnv.txt
If you do not see the /dev/rpmsg_pru3* devices and you expect them, the zip
file I have attached has a working solution to make them show up. I believe the
solution has a lot to do with the right resource file and the PRU code. They
will not simply just show because you have 2 PRU's. This may seem obvious to
the more advanced PRU people, but took me a couple of weeks to figure this (and
other things) out.
Here are my results after days of trying to figure out the magic to get the
devices to show up:
root@beaglebone:/home/debian/rpmsg_pru# ./run.shrpmsg_pru30rpmsg_pru31
Once the devices show for you:
echo "test30" > /dev/rpmsg_pru30