Robert,
Can you perhaps explain the difference between MachineKit and Linux from the
RTOS perspective?

I recall something like the Machinekit has the RTOS underneath LinuxCNC where
Linux itself is just a task and the RTOS therefore allows the embedded stuff to
run at the same or higher priority giving better real time support.

LinuxCNC has a modified kernel that puts the CNC part at a higher priority
within the Linux RTOS environment.

Have I got that right?  I remember reading somewhere there were actually 3
different versions of 'real time' for Linux.  Just don't remember where I read
that.

Thanks
John