Even Nick the TI resident PRU genius used 2 PRU to implement his  FOC reference
design.The AM64 demo app uses one Cortex ARM R4 to do the same thing. On a SOC
like AM64x the PRU would only be needed if you ran out of peripherals.Amazing
demo one R4 is running FFT no need to pass anything back to A53. The
Application core(A53) is nothing more than a network gateway wired or wireless
and a GUI Host. That turns Linux programmers into PC programmer's 🤭 and the
Real Time programming is done in RTOS.Maybe in next release with quick boot
they will fix RPMSg make it faster. Perhaps they ported libprio 👺 fixed it and
documented it properly

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 2:58 AM, 'Mark Lazarewicz' via
BeagleBoard<beagleboard@googlegroups.com> wrote:   Slightly off subject but to
me this AM64  looks big

https://training.ti.com/sitara-am64x-processors-combine-powerful-communication-and-real-time-performance
1Meg of SRAM split between the 4 Cortex R4 that can run bare metal or Free RTOS
and in next release instead of waiting for Linux to boot to load the firmware
by Rproc it's loaded in about 500 mS.
Supports Linux on dual A53 has 2 PRU and a 5th R5 onboard JTAG and GUI creator
for Linux side and supports BLE and WiFi ( not sure if that's an add on)
$99 for starter kit. I've ordered one
Not sure if PRU has access to all that fast SRAM but anything done by the PRU
can certainly be done by any of the R4 which has REAL interrupts and much
easier to rapidly code and debug than the PRU.
No hocus pocus transferring large amounts of Data from PRU or R4 using slow DDR
and spending months trying to squeeze a few bytes of memory for the PRU😂👌🤭

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 11:52 AM, 'Mark Lazarewicz' via
BeagleBoard<beagleboard@googlegroups.com> wrote:   Both PRUs exchange the last
ring buffer writing position by DRam (or scratch pad).
Too many RAMS we need to be clear to avoid confusion please
DDR is DRAM
Internal RAM is SRAM and there are several
SBL ARM internal SRAM (fast from ARM)PRU shared RAMPRU data and instruction
RAM( fastest for PRU)The  Shared SRAM between ARM and PRU and any DSP on other
chips( used by rproc??)

Thanks

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 7:27 AM, TJF<jeli.freih...@gmail.com> wrote:   I
don't understand that concept. When you switch bits in the STEPENABLE register,
you'd loose accurate ADC timing. What sampling rate are you talking about?

AFAIR your target is to controlling two eletromagnetic valves (water medium?).
They've a latency of more than 10 ms -> sampling rate & controller loop should
be 1 kHz or above.

When sampling all 5 channels continguously in one FIFO and fetching them by one
PRU in a ring buffer (SRam), you can do this with accurate timing up to 40 kHz
(more than enough). Meanwhile the other PRU evaluates the ring buffer,
computing the standard channels (4 &) continguously and the other channels (1,
2, 3) on demand. Note: There're 1000 PRU cycles between two ADC samples, and
5000 PRU cycles between a sequencer loop (@ 40kHz). Both PRUs exchange the last
ring buffer writing position by DRam (or scratch pad).

This alternative concept does not only guarantee accurate timing, it's also
easy to develop and maintain.
BTW: It doesn't matter which PRU (or the ARM) does the configuration. Just
starting the sequencer (CTRL register) should be done by the ADC-PRU.