On Thu, 24 Jun 2021 07:17:59 -0400 (EDT), in
gmane.comp.hardware.beagleboard.user Robert Heller
<heller-2/ccJrXdU8tWk0Htik3J/w...@public.gmane.org> wrote:

>At Thu, 24 Jun 2021 03:47:49 -0700 (PDT)
>beagleboard-/jypxa39uh5tlh3mboc...@public.gmane.org wrote:
>

>> I have complex Java application where using GPIO is only part of it.
>
>OK, probably the "easiest" (and Linux-only) way to add GPIO access is use the
>sysfs interface.

        At least until the Linux developers remove it... My understanding is
that sysfs is currently "deprecated", the replacement being libgpiod -- a
"character" device driver.

        Unfortunately, for libgpiod, JAVA probably needs an interface library
to be created -- quick search finds
https://github.com/mattjlewis/diozero (though there are some mentions of
sysfs in the commentary, but perusing
https://github.com/mattjlewis/diozero/blob/main/system-utils-native/src/main/c/com_diozero_internal_provider_builtin_gpio_NativeGpioDevice.c
appears to be the libgpiod chip devices).

        There is also this one https://github.com/sgjava/java-periphery

--
Dennis L Bieber