> Just to see where the money is going.  And a custom report is the way to
>> go....  Either way, I am searching around the various given reports and
>> learning curve is there.
>>

> You might want to start here:
> http://furius.ca/beancount/doc/sql
>
> Likely the SQL report will be sufficient.

Yes, this is the way I am going as this report is very customized for me
and my family.  I am going to have to run multiple queries and then
aggregate them into a report we want.  Not something I can 'push' to the
world (yet).

I now started using the 'pushtag' and 'poptag' to add a month specific tag
for a calendar 'month.'  Trying to get the query to work though...
'
pushtag #2016-09
2016-08-31 * "EFT TRANS - INAD ;0116;PAYROLL"
......  blah blah
poptag #2016-09
'
select * where '2016-09' in tags
works
select sum(cost(position)) where account ~ 'Income'
works, but
select sum(cost(position)) where account ~ 'Income' and '2016-09' in tags;
throws an error...

I'll keep plugging away at it, but I think I'm on the right path.  Thanks.

  Craig A.