I think I see what you want to do, I got the same issue to some level.

I got my mobile bill that is unfortunately set to be on the 31 somehow and
so sometime it cross month boundaries.

So in my report for some month no mobile payment and the next one 2 mobile
payment.

I dont want to tag nor cheat on the posting date. So I just live with it ;)

Maybe we need an optional "Bill period date"??

Ex:
PostingDate BillDate
2016-10-01 2016-09-30 * "MobilePhone"

And have the ability to query on either Posting or Billing dates??

This might had complexity for little gain however and probably most people
dont need that either.

Jacques Gagnon
GTalk/E-Mail: darthcl...@gmail.com
WLM (MSN): cloud3...@msn.com