Martin Blais <bl...@furius.ca> writes:

> That's one way to solve it, but there's a better way.
> Rounding it manually like this will be time-consuming, probably.

Indeed.

> The problem here is that because you haven't used digits on "400",
> the tolerance for balancing EUR currencies in this transaction is 0,
> meaning it has to match perfectly. With such a rate this is virtually
> impossible.

Ahh…thank you for explanation. Btw, this is residue from Gnucash where,
probably, it does not make a difference.

> Try making 400 -> 400.00 instead, and now the inferred tolerance will
> be 0.005 EUR, and it will work. I also don't suggest this method,
> because it will be manual - just putting it out there to illustrate
> how the tolerances are inferred from the digits that are presented in
> the file.

I agree.

> Now, a much better solution would be to tell Beancount what tolerance
> to use when none can be inferred, like here. You would do this once,
> at the top of your file, with this option:
>

> option "inferred_tolerance_default" "EUR:0.005"
>

> That should probably be enough.

It is and it’s very nice!

> You could do this for all the currencies you have which aren't using
> digits very often.

OK.

> If you'd like to learn more about how tolerances are inferred
> automatically and how defaults are handled, you can read this
> document:
> http://furius.ca/beancount/doc/tolerances

I’ll do.

> I hope this helps,

Surely it does. ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Even a man of knowledge acts according to his own nature, for
everyone follows the nature he has acquired from the three modes.