You can use the SQL shell's conversion function to do this.
Something like this:

bean-query /tmp/example.beancount "select account, convert(sum(position),
'CAD') group by 1 order by 1"

It'll be able to convert as long as you have at least some price directives
in your file to provide the exchange rate (Beancount does not access the
network on purpose - deterministic, repeatable, no unexpected things - so
it won't pull rates form anywhere; you have to have rates inserted in your
file).