There's nothing like that in the Beancount codebase. I've thought about
building something to automatically insert imported transactions in the
right "section" (I personally use org-mode, where each section corresponds
to an institution and its related group of accounts) but it's unclear
whether that would generalize.

I think you could turn this into a simple classification problem. Given
some syntax for splitting up an input file into sections (e.g., some
regular expression matching on a title or separator), you now have groups
of transactions and inputs. Somehow reduce this to a simple model for
classifying which section an incoming transaction matches with highest
probability and insert it there. Or more appropriately - since transactions
are imported in groups - find the section that best matches all the
transactions in the imported files and insert at the end there.