If I understand your request correctly, you should be able to use
fava-collapse-account to have some accounts collapsed by default. I use it
for hiding the commodity accounts within an investment account.

https://github.com/beancount/fava/blob/master/fava/help/features.md#displaying-only-relevant-accounts