On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 7:28 PM <shreedharhardi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Limitations on the lexer.
>> At some point I intend to rewrite it as a custom lexer instead of using
>> flex.
>>

> Hmm.. so you're seeing other pains with it?

Irregular use of whitespace based on context.
Or maybe I wasn't able to wrangle it properly (not an expert).

> I believe YACC (bison) can do some basic lexical analysis. I haven't gone
> through all of lexer.l to know the complexity myself.

It's the lexer that's at issue, the parser generator works fine.
If I wrote my own lexer I could handle the special case of whitespace and
do some lookahead.
I will, eventually (it's not difficult).

Hasn't been a huge priority.
>> Agreed it should be documented better (feel free to suggest in the doc,
>> I'll accept).
>>
>> Sure, I can do that.
>

>>> How can I go about flagging transactions in a custom way? Using metadata
>>> seems like one way (although, I did hope that there was a way to use custom
>>> flags)
>>>

>> Yes, that, or tags.
>>

>> Would it work if the relevant line in lexer.l is changed to

I'm pretty sure that's the first thing I wrote, so already tried.