I was wondering if it's possible to build some kind of bean-query that
would produce output like the fava "Balance Sheet" view does. If you
haven't seen it, it looks like this:
https://fava.pythonanywhere.com/example-beancount-file/balance_sheet/ . It
shows the "net worth" of the beancount file over time.

You can get it per-account using `BALANCES AT COST FROM date < 2018-09-05`.
And using `EXPLAIN`, I was able to turn that into `SELECT
sum(cost(position)) WHERE account ~ '(Liabilities|Assets):.*' and date <
2018-09-05`, which works great for a single point in time. Finally I was
calculate to see month-to-month changes using `SELECT year(date),
month(date), sum(cost(position)) WHERE account ~
'(Liabilities|Assets):.*'`. But I don't have any way to produce a running
total (the sum of those changes up to each month).

Is there a bean-query mechanism for doing accumulation or "running count"
operations? I could "roll my own" using a subquery but I see from the
documentation that sub-selects aren't supported.

Thanks!

Ethan