I would like to be able to generate Adjusted proceeds and costs for
populating Schedule D Form 8949. It seems like beancount would have the
information needed to create this report accurately, but it doesn't exactly
align with the data model. Is that right? The problem is that you are
allowed to use broker expenses (commission & fees)  at entry(s) to adjust
the cost basis up and use broker expenses  at the exit(s) adjust the
proceeds down. (https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i8949.pdf)

Here's what I have so far:

1. I see there is a syntax for adjusting the cost basis at entry by a fixed
amount of  operating_currency, something like :  1 HOOL {123.00 # 9.95
USD}, Notably, this has the trade-off that it doesn't track
Expenses:Commission separately. That's an ok trade-off, except that this
scheme doesn't help with folding in the expenses when exiting a position. I
could write a plugin which rolls costs of exit into the proceeds and
generates a report. The disadvantage is that then there would be an
Expense:Commissions account in play for the exit, but not for the entry.
That's a bit awkward.
2. The new syntax for folding expenses into cost basis is discussed in some
old (2015) announcements but isn't shown in the Cookbook.

What is the latest technology here? Has anyone solved this problem? What do
other people do?