Thank you I'll definitely take a look at your money weighted
implementation.

I have to admin I'm blindly trusting the spreadsheet, and I haven't checked
the formulas.  The spreadsheet entries are not equal spaced and the unequal
periods do not reflect exact date of deposit/withdrawal, so I don't know
how far it's off.