On Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 11:50:02 AM UTC+7, Martin Blais wrote:

> Maybe we can come up with some other heuristic to relax the tolerance in
> terms of USD, so that the maximum of a list of tolerance values (in USD)
> gets used in the current check. I'd be inclined to consider even a
> per-transaction override.

Some kind of per-transaction flag seems closer to the new (not yet
implemented) spirit of "less magic precision/rounding heuristics in
beancount". Maybe some kind of per-account flag would work? Hmm, that seems
problematic. What if two accounts have differing flags (imagine a world
with four or five different balancing strategies for different weird
scenarios, tax regimes, currencies, whatver), which one gets used? Seems
like you'd need to *also* support a per-transaction flag to disambiguate
situations like that.