FWIW I went ahead and wrote my importers to the Beangulp API.  I'm
developing them here if anyone wants to follow along, contribute, or
comment:
https://github.com/ericaltendorf/beancount-crypto-importers

Currently covers Coinbase, Coinbase Pro, and Gate.io.

For now I just have a dumb shell script that runs each importer and merges
their output textually.  I'll be investigating some of the
deduping frameworks.