On Wed, Jul 19, 2023 at 2:08 AM Eric Altendorf <ericaltend...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks so much for the detailed reply.  I'm slowly but surely wrapping my
> head around everything.
>
> [...]

> I'm a little surprised this doesn't seem to be a more common problem;
> I would think this would be useful to many traders.

Lots to say but others have already filled in with great answers. Overall
based on this thread it seems reasonably clear to me you'd be better served
by building something custom for what you're trying to achieve. Kind-of
like what I've done with project "Johnny" but specialized to (a) crypto and
(b) booking/matching rules that corresponding to your particular tax
reporting requirements. I don't think you'll get much from Beancount,
you're likely to invest enough time that what it'll provide for you won't
matter much.

That being said, some of the data structures could be used in implementing
your booking algo, but then again, it's probably simpler to write ones that
will do precisely what you need.