Fang-Pen Lin wrote:

  i took a look at it to see if i could use it but immediately
i realised it was too complicated for my needs.

  basically i can get what i need using either editor macros,
a simple bash script or a python program.  in the elder days i
would automatically just reach for C.

  my feedback.  :)  but thank you for posting it.

  fin