Dear all,

I have been an user for some time. I have not found importers for Japan
financial institutions so I wrote my own. I have been using them for my own
ledger with a couple years of data. I've clean up the code and publish them
on Github: https://github.com/rlan/beancount-multitool

The main contribution is how to ingest CSV files from Japan banks and
credit card. The transaction categorization is not yet published, but I use
regular expressions.

Best Regards,
Rick

Introduction:

Beancount Multitool is a collection of command-line Python scripts that
reads financial data from financial institutions and converts them to
Beancount files.

The following banks are supported:

   - Japan
      - JA Bank <https://www.jabank.jp/>
      - Rakuten Card <https://www.rakuten-card.co.jp/>
      - Rakuten Bank <https://www.rakuten-bank.co.jp/>
      - SBI Shinsei Bank <https://www.sbishinseibank.co.jp/>

What these scripts *can* do:

   - Read raw CSV files downloaded from each institution's website.
   - Label debit and credit transactions to respective account types.
      - Debit: Expenses:JP:Unknown:NameOfInstitution
      - Credit: Income:JP:Unknown:NameOfInstitution

What these scripts *can not* (yet) do:

   - Label transactions with different sub-accounts, e.g.,
   Expenses:JP:Food:Grocery or Expenses:JP:Food:Restaurant.

How to use these scripts in my workflow?

   1. Download the raw CSV files from a financial institutions.
   2. Run the matching script.
   3. Include the output.bean file in my ledger.
   4. Manually edit that Beancount file to my needs.