Do you use sub-accounts for individual stocks? Why?

I do because I found it more deterministic to balance and close accounts,
but I've always thought the explicit open/close directives were redundant
with lot tracking. Else why not go all out with `Broker:GOOG-2024-03-02`?

Now I'm starting to use more queries and metadata (coming from basic fava
usage), and am not looking forward to finding and maintaining the meta on
each individual open directive. I'm considering opening a parent account
and filtering using coalesce:

    2024-01-01 open Assets:IRA
        tax-status: "Deferred"
    2024-01-01 close Assets:IRA ; Or maybe use for USD/fiat
    2024-01-01 open Assets:IRA:GOOG  GOOG

Then I think I could get the meta like so:

    coalesce(getitem(open_meta(account), 'tax-status'),
getitem(open_meta(parent(account)), 'tax-status'))

... But this seems like a hack, so I'm wondering if it really makes sense
to keep the sub-accounts. Alternatively, this complete balance assertion
<https://beancount.github.io/docs/balance_assertions_in_beancount.html#partial-vs.-complete-assertions>

proposal looks perfect for my concerns about balance tracking.

What else would I miss by simplifying to multi-currency accounts?