Shipping is extra.
TURNING POINT FOR AMERICA, THE STORY OF THE SPANISH AMERICAN WAR,
Westein, Messner hb, dj, xlib, 1966, 191 pp, "The events of America's
fight with Spain for control over primarily the Philippines and Cuba.
This was the first war that America really fought on foreign soil and the
fighting methods and logistics learned during this war helped prepare the
newly formed troops for World War I. Many interesting sidelines are
talked about such as how newspapers playing a part in arousing American
sentiment, the first war posters and ads with slogans such as "Remember
the Maine, " what it was like to fight in trench warfare and how to think
ahead and supply troops with materials they would need for different
terrains as up until that time, it was not an art and many soldiers ended
up in the hot humid tropics dressed in winter uniforms. The book is
filled with a lot of information, which would be a valuable aid to
understanding the beginnings of America"s Armed troops and the art of
warfare to peoples not necessarily very familiar with anything other than
having fought in the civil war. " $10

THE GERMAN FURY IN BELGIUM, L. Mokveld,""Experiences of a Netherland
journalist during four months with the German army in Belgium during the
First World War. Includes a graphic description of the destruction of
Louvain & Vise, and the deplorable treatment of British wounded in
Landen." xlib, hb, 249 pp, no copyright found, cover has some
stains,inside vg, $12

AMERICA'S FIRST WORLD WAR, LANDMARK #77, HB,"the vivid story of a
remarkable soldier, John J Pershing, and the exploits of the American
Expeditionary Force in World War I" , 192 pp, 1957, spine has fading, $12

WORLD WAR I,  A Concise Military History of "The War to End All Wars"
and The Road to the War,Adapted from American Military History Office of
the Chief of Military History United States Army, Matloff editor, hb, dj,
xlib, 119 pp, circa 1980, exc cond, $10

WORLD WAR I, A FIRST BOOK, Franklin Watts 1981, "Spotlights the important
events and people of World War I"  90 pp, first blank inside page
removed, exc cond, $10

WORLD WAR I, America's Wars, 8 x 10 hb, xlib, vg cond, 1991 Lucent, Gail
Stewart, "examines the United States' role in World War I, including
preparations for war, trench warfare, use of airplanes, major battles,
and the  results of the conflict."  great photographs, 112 pp,
chronology, $8

WORLD WAR ONE, An illustrated History in Color, 1914-1918, 8 x 12, xlib,
Hoare, ed by Unstead, 1979, 64 pp, Macdonald Educational,London,  well
worn cover but a great book, $9

EDITH CAVELL, Nurse, Spy, Heroine, SPIES OF THE WORLD Putnam series,xlib
hb, by De Leeuw, 1968, WWI, $10

FRIEND WITHIN THE GATES, Eliz. Grey, The Story of Nurse Edith Cavell, a
WWI nurse who was executed as a spy, 1975, Dell Yearling xlib, pb,194 pp,
$4

ALICE FITZGERALD, NURSE AROUND THE WORLD, Messner biography, by Iris
Noble, hb, 1965, xlib, 191 pp, vg cond, "The biography of Alice
Fitzgerald, a glamorous young debutante, who shocked her family by
deciding to become a nurse in the early 1900's when nursing was looked
down upon as a degrading occupation. After she had finished her training
at John Hopkins, she later served as a nurse in the Sicily earthquake
area and with the British Army in WW 1. She later became chief nurse of
the American Red Cross, and also pioneered the work of Public Health
Nursing in the Untied STates and in the Philippines." $10

SUBMARINE WARFARE, MEN, WEAPONS, AND SHIPS, Colby, hb, xlib,  1967,
"Excellent resource about U.S. Navy Submarines having 48 pages with many
historic black and white photos.  Contents lists: Shipboard Detectives;
Anti Submarine Weapons, Three Strikes for Enemy Subs; Asroc; Hedgehog;
War Shots, Tin Fish of the Future; Subroc; Polaris and its Launcher;
Ready Fire; Up from the Deep; Polaris A-2 Surface Launch; Latest Polaris
A-3; Poseidon; Human Torpedoes; New Look in Subs; USS Nautilus and Von
Steuben; Two Powerful Subs Named George; Four of a Kind; Enemy Sub
Hunters; Triple Threat; World"s Fastest Sub; Scorpion Close Up; Shape of
Things to Come; Submersible Tanker of the Future; Russian Submarines; Two
More Targets. ", $8

U S HISTORY IN CARTOONS, The Civil War through World War II,  compiled by
Jim Ivey,  pb, 1979, 96 yellowed pp, xlib, $5

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/X2FylB/TM