I discovered the convert plugin and was wowed by it.

There is one thing I would like it to do, and I don't know if this is

Convert, in it's infinite genius, will not convert flacs to lossy, if it
seems there are lossy files already there in the same format that convert
is going to use.

Well, I tend to "upgrade" my music.  I'll find that I have old MP3s and
will re-rip the CD to FLAC and run out a buy a used CD.  I convert all my
files to AAC format.  When I replace the MP3s with FLACs, convert happily
comes along and creates AAC files, and leaves the MP3s behind.  I would
love it if there was a way to delete the MP3s.

Am I making sense?

"beets" group.
to beets-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.