Db> I'm working on a large web application with a friend of mine and we
Db> thought it would be a good idea to update the modules we were using.
Db> Using CPAN.pm we updated CGI, CGI::Session, and several others.  It
Db> upgraded CGI.pm from 2.93 to 3.00.  After the upgrade we noticed that
Db> CGI::Carp was not sending correct headers to the browser on
Db> fatalsToBrowser and explicit 'die's.  It'd just send the error message
Db> without any Content type.  I just downgraded to 2.98 and everything
Db> works again.  2.99 exhibits the same behavior as 3.00.

Just a sidenote, but I sincerely hope that you were removing CGI::Carp
before deploying your code in production, and therefore must already have
some other error trapping mechanism for production *anyway*.  Might as
well develop with your final release until you can figure out what is
wrong with CGI::Carp.