On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 09:21:55PM -0400, Luinrandir Insight wrote:

> my web host's cgi-bin is password protected.
> is this enough to hide my perl-cgi code that makes the HTML pages?
> the player files are in the same dir as the cgi code.
> I have an online game, so I don't want people to cheat.

Do the players have access to the server other than through http?  If
you request one of the player files over http, what do you get?

As a general rules, any data files should be kept out of the web root
entirely.

> now I am hearing that PHP is the way to go for maximum hacker
> protection...  comments?

Err... "Ha!"? (Code is only secure as the person who writes it, I find
it rather harder to write secure code in PHP, it doesn't come with
such sane features as, for example, DBI bind variables.)