You may also want to check out the WWW::Mechanize module this will do what your looking for.

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mumia W." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Beginners CGI" <beginners-cgi@perl.org>
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 12:49 PM
Subject: Re: redirecting cgi via post method

On 02/16/2007 12:00 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Greetings,

I have a CGI that receives some parameters, and after processing them (it generates a file) it must be redirected to another CGI (external domain) to process it.

  What I want to do is similar to

redirect("http://somedomain.com/cgi-bin/myscript.cgi?param1=some&param2=stuff";); but using POST method instead of GET.

At first point, I imagine a solution with LWP::UserAgent using the POST method for the new user agent; but later, I don't know how to be redirected to the new address.

  my $ua_this = LWP::UserAgent->new;
  $ua_this->post("http://somedomain.com/cgi-bin/myscript.cgi";, [
    param1 => "some",
    param2 => "stuff"
    ] );

 redirect($ua_this); # <-this? I don't think so

Any help will be appreciated.

Alejandro

You probably want a status 307 redirect:

use strict;
use warnings;
use CGI;

# You set the $location.

print CGI::header(
    -status => '307 Temporary Redirect',
    -location => $location,
);

__HTH__

HTTP Spec: ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2616.txt

http://learn.perl.org/