[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I'm an engineer and I need to build a web based application for a
customer to view results of my analysis. To simplify the problem say I
have a duct with a length, width, and height. I have 'avi' files
showing the fluid behavior in that duct for various combinations of
these dimensions. The analysis package I use generates movies with the
naming convention:

length_width_height.avi

I want to allow the customer to specify the length, width, and height
and view the appropriate video file. Ideally using some combination of
radio buttons, drop downs, etc.

I am experienced in Perl and have have worked with simple HTML. I was
told CGI might be the way to go in developing such an application. My
question is, does that seem reasonable?

Absolutely. Please study the CGI.pm docs to get started.

    perldoc CGI

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson