Hi,

Sorry, I was not clear enough. No the scripts are executed as root.
I've verified it since the output contains:

USER: root
USER in script2: root

Regards,
Jimisola

Wijnand Wiersma wrote:
Jimisola Laursen schreef:
Hi!

I'm trying make one script (script1) call another script (script2) and
have the output from script2 returned.
My initial problem was that script2 needs to be executed as root, so
I've set the setuid and setgid bit on script1 (script2 unchanged):
So script1 is executed as regular user? In that case you are either
running Linux or the partition is mounted with nosuid. In both cases
scripts are not allowed to run suid.

Regards,
Wijnand