On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Vance E. Neff <ven...@intouchmi.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> has anyone had experience getting a CGI application to work on a
> NetworkSolutions unix host?
>
> I have a CGI program under cgi-bin called Login.CGI and a html page under
> htdocs.
> When the html page attempts to post a form to ../cgi-bin/Login.CGI, I get a
> non-description error:
> 500 internal server error

Permissions problems are often the source of 500 errors. Check to make
sure that the file is executable by the user/group that cgi scripts
run as. In most cases, it isn't you. Also make sure that the
permissions comply with whatever the site's security policy is. Many
servers won't execute scripts that are world-readable, for instance.

HTH,

-- jay
This email and attachment(s): [  ] blogable; [ x ] ask first; [  ]
private and confidential

daggerquill [at] gmail [dot] com
http://www.tuaw.com  http://www.downloadsquad.com  http://www.engatiki.org

values of β will give rise to dom!