As I understand, the code must be overwritten like:

#!/usr/bin/perl -T
    use CGI::UploadEasy;
    use CGI;
    use strict;
    use warnings;

    # create and load data
    my $ue = CGI::UploadEasy->new(-uploaddir => '~/tmp');
    my $file_file = $cgi_this->param('sbvideo_file') || 0;

    # retrieve original name and change it
    if ($file_file =~ /(.+)\.(\w+)$/)
       { ($str_filename,$str_fileext) = ($1,$2); }
    $str_filename = $$ . '.'. $str_fileext;

    # STORE???
    # is this line Ok? To assign directly the file to that address?
    $ue->fileinfo = $file_file;
#Now. How I change the name of the stored file to the new one of $str_filename

I need to validate some data from the parameter, and change other, like the name of the file, that is why I use CGI and CGI::UploadEasy,

There is some example? Not only the CPAN documentation in order to check it?

J Alejandro Ceballos Z wrote:
I am trying to store a file in the temp directory.
It creates the desired file, but with size 0.
The files are videos sent via CGI. I tried with the upload function, but it did not work too. Would you please give me some direction about what I am doing wrong or what should I do in order to make it work?

I suggest that you try the CGI::UploadEasy module.

   http://search.cpan.org/dist/CGI-UploadEasy/

Atentamente,

J. Alejandro Ceballos Z.