well, are you passing the authentication credentials when you create
the LWP useragent?

IIRC, there's a whole section in the LWP documentation on HTTP basic auth...

(also, you might want to consider taking your questions over to
'beginn...@perl.org' -- not sure there are that many people on this
list anymore.)

j.