parse "into collections automatically". You didn't inspectIt for verifying
your (false) claim, didn't you.

No I didn't! The { } just looked so wrong and like C! I'm used to #()
which of course doesn't work.

 Also, have a look at the implementors of
#caseOf: and #caseOf:otherwise:, they are heavy users of literal blocks in
Collections ...

I will!

argh! Ugly!

Yes. And, into the other direction, even in good core methods one often
finds things like

  ^ dict at: aKey ifAbsent: [nil]

this is much better.

I would like to see caseOf:...removed from the system

I started to write this too but thought about some of the errors that people
receive about wrong form of block and didn't want to scare people.

stef