Hi Antonio,

The German company Impara has developed a lot of games in Squeak[1]. I don't know if any of the Impara people is here, but if this is the case may be they can make a point about Squeak as a game development platform

[1] http://www.impara.de/references.html

I think that Squeak is nice for games development and some friends and me will try to learn and use it for a Free Software CreativeCommons Game (but this is a slow process, don't hold your breath). May be you can try Python and Panda3D also. But from a cognitive point of view, I can't see any more friendlier that Squeak.

Cheers,

Offray

Pdt: I don't know what's wrong with the threads of your mails, other seems tho behave properly... :-/

Antonio San. escribió:
I haven't any game, indeed I'm going to look for a
good environment for game-develop learning ... and I
think that squeak could be a very very useful project
for spending efforts and time.
But I have done the test with the "games" inside
squeak: BouncingAtoms and Blob.

Only 1 BouncingAtoms and 3 Blobs are enough for
getting an important slowdown in all objets in the
screen (Centrino 1.8 Ghz with 512Mb RAM)

It would be interesting check if the high CPU use
continues when you enter in an other project giving in
background blobs working. But I don't know how to do
that, because when I enter in an other project blobs
stop.

PD. How can I do for getting my reply under the same
topic in the list and not in other thread?

Hi Antonio,

Do you have any of these games to test? I have been
using Squeak on Linux without any slowness problem.

Cheers,

Offray

______________________________________________ LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo. Llamadas a fijos y móviles desde 1 céntimo por minuto. http://es.voice.yahoo.com

___________________________________

AVISO LEGAL: El presente correo electronico no representa la opinion o el
consentimiento oficial de la PONTIFICIA UNIVERSIDAD JAVERIANA. Este mensaje es
confidencial y puede contener informacion privilegiada la cual no puede ser
usada ni divulgada a personas distintas de su destinatario. Esta prohibida la
retencion, grabacion, utilizacion, aprovechamiento o divulgacion con cualquier
proposito. Si por error recibe este mensaje, por favor destruya su contenido y
avise a su remitente.
En este aviso legal se omiten intencionalmente las tildes.

Este mensaje ha sido revisado por un sistema antivirus, por lo que su contenido
esta libre de virus.
This e-mail has been scanned by an antivirus system, so its contents is free of
viruses.