Bradford wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an unnamed array which I created from
> splitting up a colon separated string:
>
>       $_ = "0th:1st:2nd:3rd:4th:5th:6th:7th:Some
> random text: might have :colons: or might not"
>       print ((split /:/)[1,6,8]);
>
> ...but I really need to print everything after the
> 8th element.  If the array were named, I could do
> something like this:
>
> @arr = split(/:/);
> print @arr[1,6,8..$#arr]);
>
> ... and this would include everything after the 8th
> array element.  I know that -1 should start from the
> end of the array, but specifying [1,6,8..-1] doesn't
> work.
>
> I didn't see anything in perldata about it so I'm
> hoping someone has a solution.
>
> Thanks.
> -- Brad

Brad,

I can't figure it out either.  Below is a link to a
discussion that mirrors your predicament.  I don't
have time to read it right now, but maybe it will shed
some light on the subject for you.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe=off&th=94cd69e466afd840,11&start=0&ic=1

=====
Dave Hoover
"Twice blessed is help unlooked for." --Tolkien
http://www.redsquirreldesign.com/dave